Friday 20 November 2015

NGUYEN Thi Bao Ngan shares her experience of 4 years at ESSEC

Interview by Yashas Gilganchi, 2nd year student from India

Life before ESSEC

After finishing my high school in Vietnam, I went on to complete two years of classes prépas in Versailles, determined to get into ESSEC. Although it was tough, it was worth it as I got what I aimed for.

Experience at ESSEC

As required for everyone who joins after classes prépas, I finished one year of Bachelor studies (PI) after which I joined the MSc programme. I studied Finance for the better half of my time completing an internship and apprenticeship with TOTAL. I also spent my time participating in two associations at ESSEC viz. RAID ESSEC and TUONGLAI ESSEC (Treasurer) where I met many interesting people and enjoyed my time at the many parties and events organised by my associations.

Financial Markets Track

In pursuit of my niche, I decided to study the Financial Markets Track because I found it challenging and also because I wanted to explore the options in Singapore. The three months that I spent here were nothing short of intensive. I had a combination of Advanced Masters and Grande Ecole students like myself for classmates. The classes gave me good insight into the technical aspects in Financial Markets and more value was added through the various networking events and seminars (LinkedIn workshop, etc.). I feel proud to have successfully completed these courses.

The new campus – which was under construction when I was there - will help iron out some significant issues like boarding. Though I had no problem finding a place to live in Singapore.

Future

I graduate this year. I am looking forward to my experience in the corporate world. I will go wherever work take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment