Thursday 29 January 2015

Final year student Anshul from India on his time at ESSEC

Interview with Anshul Jaiswal who graduated from the ESSEC MSc in Management, having come previously from IIT Delhi. He tells us about his time at the school.

Prior to ESSEC, I did my undergrad in Civil Engineering from IIT-Delhi. I was very interested in learning more about Economics and Finance and therefore decided to do my postgraduate studies soon after graduating from IIT Delhi. In hindsight, it was one of the best decisions I made.

ESSEC seemed to fit the bill in every sense. The freedom to structure your own curriculum and work in a firm at the same time appealed to me. ESSEC has one of the best exchange program networks, which further enhances the international experience. Also, the apprenticeship program at ESSEC is unique.

I received the ESSEC Excellence Scholarship. I also worked on-campus as a teaching assistant for a couple of courses in Finance. The scholarship and the on-campus assistantship helped me be more independent and reduced the financial burden.

During my time at ESSEC, I did a couple of investment banking internships at HSBC and Societe Generale CIB in Paris. After my internship at Societe Generale, I received a job offer as well. Currently, I’m doing an MBA exchange program at Kellogg School of Management, Chicago.

Paris is an excellent place to live with lots to explore. I travelled to Belgium, the Netherlands and some of the Eastern European countries. I feel fortunate to have met people from all over the world. ESSEC gave me the international experience I was looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment