Wednesday, 18 June 2014

Student Association # 3 - Piranha

By Alice Camporesi1st year MSc in Management student, Italy

Interview with Liaosha Li on her time in Team Piranha

Which student club are you part of and what does it do?

I am currently in 2 associations in ESSEC - ESSEClive and Oikos. But besides those, this year I also joined the BDE in the Piranha team and I was part of the whole campaign.
The BDE is ESSEC's student bureau and it takes charge of all students in the Grande Ecole (MSc in Management). In the coming year, we will organise different activities in ESSEC and now I am really looking forward to the coming year! In Piranha, there are also 2 other international students with me and we are the connection between French and international students. Moreover, we are in fact very ambitious in making ESSEC an even more internationalised business school. We have many different departments and each will be responsible for very different tasks. I am in the department which deals with the overall organisation and work to be done in the coming future.

How has your experience been so far?

My journey in the past 2 months is definitely what I never had before and I love being part of the whole work and fight for change! You feel so united with other students around and you're fond of them because you are for the whole team. Even though I don’t get to spend as much time with them right now as I am doing my internship, I am still very proud to be part of this movement. I did my best to keep up with all the different steps but I have to admit since everything is in French sometimes it takes a little more effort to do so. However, I really think we have a good president this year and we have a very strong team with fabulous members.
I have to say that it was a super wonderful journey with all the 39 students and I love the experience I have had! It is definitely an unforgettable time and personally I absolutely think this makes my stay at ESSEC more meaningful and precious.

Would you advise new students to be part of this?

My advice is: If you have the chance, you definitely want to be part of it! You won’t regret this decision and you will find yourself very happy in the whole process. This is about you, this is about us and this is about ESSEC.

No comments:

Post a Comment